Re: Jaws Stuck in Demo Mode

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:50:50 -0700

Hi Katherine,
You wrote:

  I am using Jaws 6.0 and windows xp home edition.  We installed a new memory
card yesterday and ever since, when the computer is turned on, the Jaws
activator comes up.  I have tried a repair and tried turning Jaws off and back
on but it is stuck in the demo mode.  Does anyone know how to correct this
problem?

  Yeah.  You need to re-activate JAWS.  Any time you make a significant
hardware change, i.e. adding memory, changing sound cards, et cetera, you lose
the authorization key that was originally installed.  I'll refrain from
offering my opinion on this as I'll get into an extended rant that nobody needs
or wants, except to say that I think it stinks.  Be that as it may, go ahead
and reactivate JAWS and you'll be back in business.  If you have no keys ;left,
visit

  www.fsactivate.com

   plug in your serial number in the appropriate place and request a reset of
the number of keys.  I've had to do that before and it works.

  Good luck.
  Tom