Jaws Dictionary Manager & Sounds

  • From: "Dreamer" <dreamer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW Free List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 21:02:08 -0600

Merry Christmas Friends,
I'm trying to import a sound into the sound selection in the Jaws Dictionary
Manager. I want to invoke it into just one program. So here's the steps I've
tried:
1. Press insert + the letter D
2. Arrow down to add and hit the space bar there
3. Arrow down to select sound and hit the space bar there
4. Arrow down to import and hit the space bar
5. under what kind of file do you want I have only one choice and that is sound.
6. I then browse to the sound I'd like to import, but when I get to the folder
where I have it located it says that the folder is empty. I remember reading
once that it has to be a particular sound file such as .wav or .MP3. I've tried
both of those types with no avail. Could someone let me know what type
of sound file I am suppose to use or if I made a mistake some where along the
way. Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
  Brian