Re: Jaws And Clipboard

  • From: "Don Moore" <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 13:21:31 -0300

Hi Katherine,

    This is a problem that I posted to this list a few months ago and is one
that has been happening since JAWS 8 came out. I discovered, at that time, that
several other JAWS 8 users have the same problem, so I reported it to Freedom
Scientific; they had hoped to have it fixed in one of the upgrades, but it
hasn't happened yet.

    I use the Copy and Cut commands a lot, so the problem seems to occur almost
daily to me. Sometimes, after leaving my PC on overnight, it will work fine;
however, at other times when I have left my PC for just a few hours, I will
return and the problem is there. I can't seem to find a set pattern for this
and neither can FS.

    I do what Daniel does; that is, when it occurs, I unload JAWS and then use
my hot key, Control alt j, to reload JAWS, then it works for a while again. In
any case, you are certainly not alone with this one!

    Regards,

    Don