Re: Jaws 9 Update

  • From: "Nancy Shugart" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:42:13 -0500

Rick,

Thank you so much for this info.

I am so envious of everyone who has been writing that they're having no problems with Vista and Jaws 9.

I am hoping to join that group of lucky people once I get this next Jaws 9 update.

And, if not, then I may consider wiping the new computer clean and loading XP.
A drastic move, I know.

The problem I'm still having is that when I'm either typing an email in Windows Mail, or a document in NotePad or Microsoft Word , Jaws will read a blank line where I know there is text.
Or it will read a line twice.
This happens when I'm using the arrow keys to review line by line what I've typed.
I can have it read all and it reads it fine.

Jaws tech support said they have heard of this issue with other Vista and Jaws 9 users and one said he is confident the new update will fix that.

So right now I'm typing on my old computer.

All my best,
Nancy

"Courage is the capacity to hear what others say is impossible and believe you are the one to make it happen." -Nancy Shugart
Prove them wrong and succeed anyway.  Visit...
http://www.provethemwrong.com