Re: Jaws 8 configuration problem!

  • From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:31:47 -0600

Some settings would let me change them and some would not- no matter
what I did.  I have had the most difficulty getting JAWS 8 to allow me
to change punctuation verbosity.

Cher

>>> "Vicki Andrada" <vickarrots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 11/18/06 1:54 PM >>>

Hi all!

I am having this problem with jaws 8 configuration manager.  It will
not allow me to save any changes.  Like when I try to make it say all
punctuation in MS word, I save the settings, and it still won't save the
changes!  I go back and check it and the settings are exactly the same.

I really need this to work, because I take an online class, and this
class requires me to be able to change these settings.

I even went into the options and went to the new manager that lets you
uncheck and check settings, and I unchecked for MS word, and redid it,
and no luck!

This problem is also occurring in MSN messenger.  I like all
punctuation spoken in messenger too, however, it's much more important
in word.

I do not understand the deal, because I have never ever had this
problem before in previous versions of jaws.  Sure I could go back to
jaws 7.10 where I am able to change these settings, but I like this
version, and don't want to have to.  Besides there has to be a solution
to this problem.

Other than this problem of not being able to change configuration
settings, I love jaws 8 so far!  Any help anyone could provide would be
greatly appreciated.

Oh and I am new to this list.  Take care all.
Vicki