RE: Jaws 7.1/Winxp/Application Data

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 13:21:14 -0500

Hi Morey:

You need to tell Windows you want to display hidden files or folders,
then you can find your application data folder.  To do this:
1.  Go either to Windows Explorer or My Computer.
2.  Go to the tools menu using alt-T.
3.  Press "O" for folder options.
4.  Press ctrl-tab once  to get to the view page.
5.  Press tab twice and you'll be in a tree view.
6.  Down arrow until you hear JAWS say "Display hidden files and
folders."  It will probably say it is "off."  Press space bar to turn
this option on.
7.  Press tab until you hear JAWS say "OK", then press enter.

Now. Go to c:\documents and settings\<user name> and you should find the
application data folder.

HTH

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)