Re: Jaws 7.1 and IE 7 exit issues

  • From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 08:32:58 -0500

The first IE7 update seemed to help with this issue on my end.  Also, I'm using
the latest build of JAWS8, so perhaps that helps also.

Cher

>>> <acarthon@xxxxxxxx> 03/31/07 12:37 PM >>>

I believe this issue is off topic, but it does seem to have an effect on
Jaws as well. It happens more than I would like.
I try to exit the IE browser, and I get the following message.

IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error
The instruction at "0x300abedd" referenced memory at "0x00000020". The
memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program
OK

sometimes jaws will crash instead of me getting this message, and I will
have to unload jaws. and restart it. However, Jaws will start acting
rather strangely. I also get a bong sound whenever I press a key on my
keyboard. Jaws won't announce any of the icons on my desktop or my files
in the my documents folder, so I usually have to go from memory.
Jaws usually says something like 1 of 7 or something similar.
I usually have to shutdown Windows in order to get everything functioning
again.
I am using Windows XP SP2 home, IE 7, and JFW 7.10.417.
Any guidance and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
AC