Jaws 10/11 with Forte Agent

  • From: Andrew Hodgson <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 16:32:41 +0100

Hi all,

For ages now I used Forte Agent 1.93 with various Jaws since around 3.5.  Since
Agent 2.0, the system is not operational, and my futile attempts to try and get
this work have so far proved unsuccessful.

I am now using Outlook 2007 for email, but still need regular access to various
Microsoft beta newsgroups on a daily basis, for which I use Agent 1.93 still.

Since JFW 10, FS removed the FreeAgent scripts which broke Agent 1.93.  I
managed to get the scripts from JFW 9, and recompiled them successfully.

However, I want to see if anyone has done anything to get later versions of
Agent working with later JFW versions?

If not, can anyone recommend a good NNTP client to use?  I am thinking
Thunderbird may be the best option at the moment, but with over 10 years worth
of use, it is going to take a lot for me to change.

Thanks.
Andrew.