Jaws 10 and windows 7 home premium on an Asus netbook - some keys not honored

  • From: "GMail" <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 07:41:35 -0500

Hi,

I suspect I know what the anser to this may be but I'll ask anyway.

I have an Asus netbook with windows 7 home premium.  I am running Jaws 10.

I have noticed that some of the modifier keys like alt are not honored in some
situations.  For example, using the laptop keyboard layout alt+h or ; or p or
pp are not honored.  They do nothing for me as far as Jaws is concerned.  I
can't use them to exit focus mode on an edit box, I can't use them to switch
between cursor types, etc.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this if it is at all fixable?

I have tried using the desktop keyboard layout but that didn't help either.

Thanks.