JFW Version 8, IE 6 and Lexus.com

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:16:33 -0500

Hello All:

I got a call from someone who needs to use Lexus.com (hope I'm spelling
that right) in a public defender's office to research cases.  She's
running Internet Explorer 6, JAWS Version 8.0 with all updates and
Windows XP.

What happens is, she can put in her ID and password and presss enter on
the sign-on button for lexus.  What then happens is that she gets a
message about re-directing, but the page which has several links and a
search box never comes up.  If she appends "/research" to the end of the
lexus URL, often times it will bring up the research page but not all of
the time.  This is the only website she's having problems with, and
since I don't use it I can't duplicate it.

She has tried this same page with Window-Eyes and when she signs on, all
of the links come up as expected so she can do her research.  I'm
looking for someone who uses Lexus with JAWS 8 and IE 6 to see if there
is anything she needs to do to make JAWS work better with it.  I did
suggest she change HTML settings in the configuration manager for IE to
ignore flash on web pages to see if that helps.  I haven't heard if that
helped or not yet.

Thanks in advance for any help as I always receive good advice from this
list.

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)