JAWS pausing after Service Pack 2 was installed

  • From: <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:55:30 -0500

Hi,
I was  using JAWS 6 and noticed no real changes or vast improvements with
JAWS 6  either and then I installed Service Pack 2.

I  notice  on closing folders or when alt tabbing that the action is
performed but JAWS will stop speaking --meaning the announcing of the action
will be "delayed" for about 3  seconds.

It is as if too many things are happening.
Yet programs clos and folders close e normally.

If this happens to  you, are you using  software a software synthesizer?

I am using X P Home.

Once the application is closed or  opened and one is doing or continuing the
same kind of action, JAWS speaks as very  rapidly as ever.

It is during the transition between programs that I notice the
hesitation--particularly when programs or folders close.

At first I thought this was some problem with list views but it is broadert
han that.

The slowing down of JAWs reportingo f actions thus far isthe only negative
after installing Service Pack 2.

when JAWS does not halt, the speech  when typing  or  reading is as it was
prior to Service Pack 2--meanig just fine and normal.
.
If there are users of JAWS 5 with Service Pack 2, did you experience any
halting of JAWS speech like this or is this some JAWS 6 thing somehow
following installation of Service Pack 2?

Many Thanks.