JAWS and a PM Braille Display

  • From: "Keith Christian" <keithchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 12:14:33 -0800

Hi,

I am wanting to use my PM Braille display with my desktop computer.  It
is an XP machine with JAWS 6.2 and soon to be 8.0.  I hooked the display
up via USB and it seemed to work fine.  I wanted to turn on grade 2
Braille translation, make the Braille contracted even the current word.
So I changed that and a few other minor settings.  Well, one of those
minor settings must have messed something up.  The Braille does not
refresh and will not work properly.  I have tried unloading JAWS from
memory and reloading it with no luck.  Is there a way to go back to the
default settings?  I want it working again.  I do have an evaluation
copy of JAWS 8 which the display seems to work fine with.  Probably
because I am afraid to change a setting and mess it up too.

Can anyone help?  I want to be able to make changes and have the
original settings backed up in case I mess up.  Appreciate any help or
suggestions.

BTW, what is remote display?  Is it possible to use WIFI instead of USB?

Thanks,

Keith