Re: JAWS and Net Meeting

  • From: "Graham Stoodley" <stoodlg@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:11:55 -0400

I can only speak of file transfers in NetMeeting, using Windows XP Home.
These can be managed using the keystrokes in the JAWS help notes
(JawsKey-F1).  In my case, however, only the latest version of JAWS,
5.00.844, works well.  If you don't have that version, go back to JAWS
4.50.138.  For versions of JAWS between these two, the Display Chain
Management introduced into JAWS in 4.51 makes NetMeeting extremely unstable.
I am told that Windows Messenger is easier to use, but on this I have no
direct knowledge.