Re: JAWS Reading PDF Documents

  • From: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 06:39:19 -0400

I don't know if this explanation applies here, but for JAWS to read a PDF
document in the correct sequence, the file's creator must properly tag it. It
isn't just a JAWS issue. Tagging also plays a role in how well OCR scans a PDF
file for printing.

I'm no expert in this area, but when all else fails, it might be worth
contacting the file's creator to ask them to look into tagging. I did that
recently with a large organization, and they both understood and agreed to fix
the problem in future PDF files.