Re: JAWS 9 and Windows Contacts

  • From: "Peter" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:54:43 -0000

This has been discussed recently on hte list as a few of us have reported this.

My initial was response was to suggest restarting your PC and you'll find that
contacts stops working, then go back in to contacts, and before you move to any
contacts, go to the view menu and change the view to either list or details.

Unfortunatley after posting that suggestion it became apparent that the probelm
still occured, but in my pexerience it didn't happen so much.

My other solution woudl be to type the name of the person in the search box on
the start menu. This will then allow you to select the contact record from
there and go straight in to it.

It's not ideal though and it then doens't allow you to navigate your contacts
full, but its a bit of a work around.

The problem you mention though doesn't happen all the time so stick with it.
Windows contacts I find is actually quite good other than that.

Peter