JAWS 8 and Windows Media Player 11

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:25:07 -0600

Hello All:

I need some help to assist a client using JAWS Version 8.0 and Windows
Media Player 11.  His media player has been configured so that the
Napster site pops up as one of his online stores.  This makes it
difficult to impossible for him to rip and burn CDs using WMP 11.  I
took a look at the help menu and what it says about removing online
stores is to click the arrow under the store and then click the button
that says remove service from menu.  I've looked at the WMP 11 file,
view, tools and help menus and can't find anything that says to remove
service from menu.  I checked out the WMP screen with the JAWS cursor
and can't find a way to remove an online store there either.  I looked
under help at the keyboard shortcuts for WMP 11 and there are none for
handling online stores.

My question is has anyone successfully added or removed online stores
using Windows Media Player 11 and JAWS 8?  If so, how did you do it?
And finally, are there any JAWS scripts for Windows Media Player 11?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)