Re: JAWS 5.0 WITH TERMINAL EMULATORS

  • From: "Sean M McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:50:49 -0700

Teraterm and accompanying scripts work ok.  wincrt or crt works and
really, just the basic ms telnet program works well.  Youwill have
limitations depending on the system you connect to, method of connection
the emulation you use on your end and the environment you setup on the
remote system.  I've found that  using vt100 on both ends of the
connection and a shell like tcsh or bash on the remote end of the
connection and unsetting your display variable on the remote end gives
slightly better performance.  Jaws does something weird to the aro keys.
Where non-jaws users may have no problems editing a document on a remote
machine, jaws sometimes messes with these settings even with the setup I
mentioned.    If you don't understand the remote end stuff ask your system
administrator.