Re: JAWS 11, Public Beta 3, Is Now Available

  • From: Rick Miller <mil9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:42:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Mike Most, I'm in the same boat with you.  At the start of the football season,
I tried to access my favorite college's broadcasts, Pitt, at the CBS Sports web
site, but couldn't do it.  I consulted with CBS College Sports, and they told
me that the links to register and to sign in to each broadcast are each
graphic, which leaves me to believe that no matter what enhancements are made
in Version 11, JAWS might still not be able to read them.  In fact, I even
consulted with Freedom Scientific about the problem.  I told them how to go
about accessing the Pitt page and the All Access link.  They did, and when they
got back to me they told me that the links to register and to sign in are
graphic, and that this was not a JAWS issue, but it was due to the fact that
the CBS College Sports web site was inaccessible due to its graphic nature, and
they asked me to take it up with them.  I have done so, but so far have
received no response.  Mike, and anybody else out there who is trying to access
CBS College Sports, I urge you to contact the CBS College Sports people and
talk it over with them.  If more and more people contact CBS College Sports,
the more likely CBS College Sports may be to act.

Rick Miller