Re: JAWS 10 and youtube videos

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 07:22:35 -0500

Hi, Misty,

What exactly does it do?  Does the screen freeze on you and not speak?
 Or, can you read the screen without incident but you just can't hear
the video.  First thing you might try is hitting b to go to the
buttons in the flash movie.  Keep hitting b until you hear play/pause.
(Function should be obvious)  Use your arrow keys to go down to the
counter and see if it is moving.  This would tell you if your vid is
playing but you don't have sound.  If this is the case, keep arrowing
down till you hear volume/mute or get to the numbered buttons 7, 8, 9
& 10.  I think 8 will restart sound if it's on mute somehow.

If the website is reading really choppy and you can't get past the
first few lines of it, then Jaws is trying unsuccessfully to keep
reading the counter to you and you'll need to turn flash movies off in
the verbosity menu or insert s until you hear none so it doesn't keep
trying to tell you about every single change going on on the screen.

HTH,
Alex