Re: Installing macromedia flash player

  • From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:16:53 -0700

The root of this problem is that the latest version of flash player does
not install over previous versions. You probably have to use the
uninstall utility here
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157

After uninstalling, you may be able to install it without a hitch, not
having to worry about the gold bar. One thing to keep in mind is that
there is also a checkbox to install some sort of tool bar, either Google
or Yahoo. Uncheck that if you don't want it.

I found out about this problem only by combing through Adobe web pages.
The next day tech support at the site with the updated player confirmed
it.