Insert down arrow and no read page down lines, help please?

  • From: tickpub@xxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:21:19 -0800

Hi all, hope someone can help?
Got some problems in 8.
Two things now:
Ok, just uploaded the new 8 jaws. And forever, I?ve used the Insert plus
the down arrow key, as sticky keys to do a say all. But now with the
upgrade the only thing that it does is?

Hit insert and then the down arrow key  and it only reads the one line!

I?ve done the insert F2 K keyboard-default-say all key (which is a
default hot key)  and even though it says that this is the key, it will
not work.
Tried resetting it but it still does the same old thing.

What might be wrong? Is there a setting with sticky keys or an insert key
somewhere that must be switched?

Second problem is that when I do a page down and or a page up and the
cursor goes to that page or lands on a first line in the paragraph, it
does not read it or say anything, what do I do to make it talk and let me
know that it has landed on a line of text?
Or if I do a Control Home it jumps to first line at top but does not say
anything. I have to key one line down and then back up one line in order
to make it read the first line so I know there is something there.

Is there a setting to make it speak please?
MMM