Re: IPHLPAPI.DLL Error Message

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 06:32:41 -0800

Hi Jan,
You wrote:

> Hello All,
> Would someone know what this file, IPHLPAPI.Dll is & why I get a periodic
error message that says this file cannot run?  Also JAWS 5.0 will not start
automatically as usual.  When I start it manually, the error message is on
the screen.  I have run the JAWS repair from the disk, but this causes all
my settings to go back to the default.  Sometimes I can do a scan disk which
makes JAWS start properly the next time I boot up.  I'm not totally sure of
this, but it seems this happens the first time I boot up after I have been
on the internet.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

This problem is a known bug in Windows Millennium and there was a hot fix
that was issued for it some time ago. For reference, and to download the
fix, go to

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279866

Also, this problem can be caused by installing AOL version 9, which
overrides the iphlpapi.dll with its own version. The recommended fix in that
situation is to ditch AOL 9.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Tom