I have just got my JAWS 5.0 update, but also got a update disk...

  • From: "Keith" <keithint38@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:20:01 -0700

I am unsure of the purpus of the update floppie disk that came with my JAWS
upgrade. I am currently running JAWS in a demo mode because first I was
prompted to insert the update disk for my serial number, and then it also
wanted me to update the authorization on the disk. The last version of JAWS I
had was JAWS 4.51.119 And just got the knew 5.00.621. I don't know how to
update my authorization, or why I need to. So any ideas here? I also have hurd
that there are alot of bugs in the JAWS release. I am running a computer
running Windows 98, and here are the system details. Note: Single channel sound
card.

System Properties
General Device Manager Hardware Profiles Performance
System:
Microsoft Windows 98
Second Edition
4.10.2222 A
Registered to:
user
36003-OEM-0077077-74002
Manufactured and supported by: Dell Computer Corporation
GenuineIntel
x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6
127.0MB RAM
Support Information...
OK Cancel

I am using a Creative Sound Blaster Audio PCI 64V sound card. I just also got a
SMA, and am wondering why does my JAWS program tell me I have 2 updates
remaining? When I had 4.51 on here, it said I had 3 remaining. I paied for the
4.5 and 5.0 updates.
Regards, Keith.

If anyone wishes to warn me as to what some of the  bugs are, please email me
off list.

Address any related message to keithint38@xxxxxxxxxxx if you wish to email me
off list.

Most messages can be replies, however if anyone wishes to warn me as to the
bugs, or tell me anything  rellevent to my situation, I'd prefer it be sent to
keithint38@xxxxxxxxxxx rather then the list. I don't want to annoy list
members, and do not intend to. I am using Microsoft Outlook Express to check
hotmail email so I haven't seen any  of the hotmail.com site.
Regards, Keith.