Re: How to turn off n dash

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:59:56 -0500

Hi,

Do you want to know when there is a dash at all or, do you object to
how it decides to name the symbol?  ?  I had this problem reading
poetry.  I didn't want to hear Jaws tell me when there was a dash or
an end dash.  I modified the punctuation settings in the configuration
manager for the software in question so that dashes and end dashes
were only spoken when punctuation was at most or all.  I mostly have
it set to none when I read so, it treated them like commas and
periods.

HTH
Alex