How do I use jaws best with secure crt?

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:31:18 -0700

I just got an evaluation coppy of this program and I need it to connect to a remote system bia ssh. Th terminal type is set to vt100. I don't know what to set all of the options to and need help. Right now, Jaws will not speak what's on screen till I set the screen echo to all text. My braille display does not show the prompt line. When I type and backspace over a character, things are being removed but jaws isn't announcing that a backspace was performed. While using a text editor inside of a remote session, jaws dosen't give feedback when I move around in a document. I don't know if I'm moving around in the document. Any help with secure crt is appreciated. If there is other better performing terminal emulation programs which can connect to remote systems using ssh, that is also appreciated. Jaws version 7.10 latest update on Winxp-Pro sp2 system.

Thanks
Sean