How can one get reading of file name instead of file path in list views?

  • From: <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:03:11 -0500

Hi,
I  have Service pack 2  and JAWS 6.
I  read a lot of  files in list views meaning I open and close files rapidly
often.
After closing a  Word document in a list view, JAWS reads the path every
time.
I would prefer to hear the file name sinceI  know the path and can use
Insert + t whenevr I want.

Is any one  else noticing that the path is read every time the file is
closed?
Is there some  inbetween setting that would give slightly less information
for more rapid reading of file names?

Thanks.