RE: Hotmail Question

  • From: "Wade Hemmelrick" <cybershark35@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:17:09 -0600

Greetings, Michael:

When did this problem first occur? I use Hotmail and MSN regularly (both on
the Web and through Outlook 2002) with no difficulties. If you are
attempting to attach a file, before starting or replying to a Hotmail
message *via the Web,* of course, you will experience trouble with that
feature. However, once you begin composing your message, enter the Links
List. Go to the "Attach" link, followed by the "File" link. From that point,
using some Quick Key commands should allow you to locate the correct edit
box with a Browse button right below that. Either type in the exact file
path or use the Browse button to open your folders for finding the desired
file to attach. Pressing ENTER displays that full file name and path in the
edit box. Go to the Links List again and find the "OK" link to upload the
attachment or "OK and attach another" link to do this for more than one
file. Being on the Web means you must attach each file one at a time.
Therefore, use the "OK" link to attach the last file to your multiple
attachments list and return to your message for sending. When ready to Send,
finding the "Send" link and activating it with ENTER finishes the job.
Hopefully, you are not experiencing any strange glitches with the Web based
Hotmail interface, as they some times pop up, but are not long lasting.

Hope this helps,

Wade Hemmelrick