HP scanjet 8250 and Jaws.

  • From: "Henning Carlsen" <henning.carlsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jfw Mailing Engelsk" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 14:43:34 +0200

Hello to the list!

Some months ago I bought a HP scanjet 8250 scanner as an replacement of my
old and now non-funktion hp scanjet 4c.

I have noticed som dificulties when using this scanner. I am using windows
xp pro and office xp and omnipage 14 all programs are opdated with newest
sp. i also use jaws 5.1 and 6.0 .

When using aquire text settings in word I can not correct the brightness.
The buttom is grayed.

When using aquire text in word sometimes jaws stops reading during the
scanning and I have been told by a sighted family member that a dialogbox
appears on the screen asking me if I want to send a report to Microsoft.

If I unload jaws just before i make an aquire text the scanning seems to go
through without any problems.

Does any of you know how to correct these problems?

My cpu is a 650 mhz and have 512 mb ram.

Best regards and have a nice weekend
Henning