Fw: File attachments thread

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:25:30 -0700

Below is an extremely insulting harangue I just received from someone for
having decorously and sincerely apologized for contributing to a thread
which James determined to be off topic.  I have no idea why this man worked
my email handle into the insult, or if he knows its origin (the nickname of
jazz legend charlie Parker), and I don't care one way or the other what his
age is.  But I simply missed one single message on this list, and tried to
be helpful, and for this a perfect stranger is flaming me.  I feel obligated
to add that I've contributed today, and other days as well, also to threads
in which the topic wasn't thought by anyone to be off topic, and my
contributions have been intended generously and, I hope, useful.

  I don't need this kind of hostility, and don't think I deserve it.

James, I feel I ought to apologize for intruding on the list with this, but
I feel offended and don't wish to absorb this insult privately.  Personally,
I try not to write anything to someone that I wouldn't feel right about
posting publicly, except in terms of topicality.

thank you.