Freedom Scientific Tech Support

  • From: "Bill Gallik" <wfgallik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:12:21 -0600

I just got off the telephone with tech support about 15 minutes ago trying
to resolve my issue with TaxAct 2003.  This was a second call and Donovan
was the person I was speaking with this second time.  Donovan really
couldn't help me since the TaxAct 2003 setting files are not yet available,
but at least he was polite and was not argumentative.  The previous call was
not so positive (with a different Tech Support person).

The first call was quite offensive to me, I felt as though I was being
talked down to and I also felt I was in an argument about the software I was
using.  And I was chastised for trying to copy the TaxAct 2002 files to a
temp directory, rename them to match TaxAct 2003, modifying them to reflect
TaxAct 2003 specifics, recompile and move them back into the SETTINGS\ENU
folder.

This is the point of my posting, is there some legalism about creating
additional settings files for different, yet very similar applications
(i.e., using TaxAct 2002 setting files to generate TaxAct 2003 setting
files)?  Some legalism that makes it illegal to do this? I'm not familiar
with such a clause, can somebody please advise me?