Found a Music Service That Works with JFW

  • From: wesderby@xxxxxxxxxxx (Wes Derby)
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:34:09 +0000

Hi All.

I'd asked about this a few days ago, but ended up finding something on my own
and figured I'd pass it along...For any of you looking to do legal downloading
of music, but who are frustrated with other programs not working too well with
JAWS, I've recently discovered that buymusic.com (a part of buy.com) works
GREAT with JAWS...No monthly subscriptions, everything is web-based.  As long
as you're using Windows, Internet Explorer 5 or higher, and have a media player
capable of handling DRM licenses for the WMA files, you're all set.  Tracks
range between $0.79 and $0.99, with full albums seeming to range between $9.99
and $12 on average.  Last night, I downloaded nine individual tracks, plus the
new Ra CD which is fourteen tracks, for a total of $17.40.  They take all the
major credit cards as well as Paypal.

Sorry, I don't know if they can be used outside of the US or not...But, the
tracks can be played on your computer, transferred to a portable device that
plays MP3 and WMA files, or burned to CD.  I haven't burned my tracks yet, but
I imagine that will go as smoothely as the downloads...For all twenty-four
tracks I got, it took under five minutes to download them using a cable
connection.

Anyhow, just wanted to pass that along to everyone.

Wes