Firefox 4 questions with Jaws 12

  • From: Daniel McGee <mc-g@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:22:27 +0100

Hi all, just want to ask a few questions with firefox 4 with jaws Version
12.0.525
I don't know if it's me but for those who use it I have notice that when you
load a page I get no percentages announcements with jaws. Continueing from this
I can't tell when the page is loaded and at times quite often I have to shift
tab or tab or sometimes alt tab to another programme come back to it and then I
can go through the page.
Can anyone else confirm this. I have heard that firefox 4 wasn't supported in
jaws 12 yet is this true? I updated to Version 4 because when I was using 3.6
something when I hit enter on my icon on my desktop for it the browser wouldn't
load. Therefore I updated to V4 Has anyone else notice this when they were
using 3.6? Also when using that version did you all get percentages and pages
working in the right mannor? I can't remember. I don't want to downgrade
because I am worried that webvisum won't work if I downgrade and also I
probably won't find the link for an older version. Anyway what I'm getting at
is what do people experience with firefox 4 using the jaws version mentioned
above and did anyone of you experienced the browser not loading when you were
with 3.x when version 4 came out.
Look forward to hearing your answers.
Thanks
Daniel