Feedback on JAWs 6.0

  • From: "Brian J Hubbard" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFWs Free List/JAWS Use" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:50:18 -0400

I have just joined the JFWs Free List (after occasionally using the old Lite
list).   For the past year, I have been dormant with the computer and JAWs due
to illness.   Now that I am out of hibernation, I would appreciate any feedback
on JAWs 5.0 and 6.0.  I am still running JAWs 4.5, but still have 5.0 sitting
on my shelf collecting dust while my entitled upgrade of 6.0 is on the way.
Before installing anything new, I like to know from other consumers if they
like the upgrades of 6.0, or even 5.0.  Are they an overall improvement, do the
advantages outweigh the disadvantages?  I will be reading the Enhamcements
section on the Freedom Scientific web site, but I value consumers/users
opinions more.  I am especially interested if these upgrades make  reading
websites any easier.  Thanks for any feedback.
Brian J. Hubbard, LICSW
brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.brianjhubbard.com