Eudora 7.1 jfw8.0 problem.

  • From: Curtis Delzer <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:25:22 -0800

Eudora 7.1, last paid version: here's the deal; I also have jfw5 on this system which does not do this. With jfw5, I can read the preview pane automatically from another message e.g. begins reading, don't want to read said message, press control-d delete, next message begins automatically. Well, with jfw8, (ms viewer being used), often, one of two things happen, (1) jfw8 begins reading not just below the subject line, but after the first blank line occurs, or (2) the announcement "can't find end of headers" is spoken and the message isn't viewed in the preview pane at all. I know the message is "viewable," since if I load jfw5, there it is, and no reading hiccups happen. I know the focus will change to another email client, Mozilla Thunderbird which Eudora is going to evolve into or some other kind of spin off, however, this is annoying that I have to use jfw5 to read, properly in the way I am use too, my mail. I can, of course turn off preview pane, microsoft viewer, read in the message reading window and it auto reads ok there, I just wonder if anyone else experiences this.

Curtis Delzer