Eudora 5.1 Acting Strange!

  • From: "Jana Schroeder" <jlschroeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:23:22 -0400

Hello,
A couple of months ago I changed jobs and was forced to go from Microsoft
Outlook to Eudora.  I believe I am using Eudora 5.1 with JFW 5.1 and Windows
2000.  The problem I have is that frequently as I am in the middle of typing
a message Eudora seems to behave as if I hade typed control along with a
letter such as control-h to add an attachment or control-e to send the
message.  This happens even though I really don't think my finger was
anywhere near the control key.  This is particularly a problem because I
often end up sending an incomplete message and then have to go back and
finish the message and send it again and try to put something in the subject
that will get the person to open the second message and know it has the rest
of the message and isn't just a copy of the incomplete first one.  I hope
this makes some sense to someone.  Has anyone else had this experience or
can a more experienced Eudora user give me any advice of what I might try to
avoid this happening repeatedly.  This strange behavior happens usually
several times each day and is very frustrating.

Thanks,

Jana Schroeder