Re: Emailing File as Attachment?

  • From: "Dana S. Leslie" <dsleslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BlindTech" <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "JAWS Users List" <jaws-users-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:13:27 -0500

Okay; after the system restore I did to get rid of the latest automatic updates (one of which seems to have caused my original problem), I now have a new problem. When I go to the Windows Update Site, I now get the message that "This site requires you to log in," and I never get even as far as the Express or Custom buttons.

Any idea, anyone? Thanks.

Blessed Be, Namaste,

Dana
that's Dana, D A N A, NOT Donna, D O N N A
If your synthesizer pronounces them identically, instruct your customized pronunciation dictionary that Dana=dayna.

D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman
Email: DSLeslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: dsleslie
Web: ÞE OL' PHILOSOPHIE SHOPPE
Your Source for Discounted Ideas
http://members.cox.net/dsleslie2/
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dana S. Leslie" <dsleslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "BlindTech" <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "JAWS Users List" <jaws-users-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: Emailing File as Attachment?

Okay; progress of a sort.

Using system restore, I was able to determine that this problem is somehow due to one of the more recent automatic windows updates. So, I rolled back far enough to eliminate the problem, and disabled automatic updates.

Now, I just have to determine which of the more recent updates is causing the problem. <aaarrrggghhh!!!>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dana S. Leslie" <dsleslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "BlindTech" <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "JAWS Users List" <jaws-users-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "JFWList" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:38 AM
Subject: Emailing File as Attachment?

Up until yesterday, when I wanted to email a file as an attachment, I would highlight the file in question; right click; choose Send; choose Mail Recipient; fill in the To field; and press alt-s.

I don't know when this stopped working for me. It was only yesterday that I discovered that it no longer works. Here are the three funky things that now happen when I follow this procedure: 1. The To field, instead of being labeled To, is labeled To..., with the three ellipses, as if I were using the procedure for selecting multiple recipients from the address Book. 2. When I type in the To field, there is no autocomplete; I have to fill in the full address by hand. 3. When I want to send the message, alt-s is disabled, and there is no send button in the files menu (It isn't grayed out; it just isn't there.).

Does anyone know what is going on? Help, please!

http://www.eset.com

http://www.eset.com