Editable pdf forms - how well do they work with JAWS

  • From: "Carpenter, Elizabeth" <ecarpenter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:15:06 -0600

I need to put a document on a web page that the user can download, fill
out then fax back to me.  (For security reasons, it needs to faxed back
to a fax machine in which only two people can access.)

Do editable pdf documents work with JAWS?  I tried a prototype document
and I couldn't get JAWS to say anything in the document.  Did we create
the document incorrectly?  (I don't know much about pdf documents.)

Would a plain text document like a .txt or a .rtf document be better for
this than a pdf?

Thanks

Alternative archives located at: