Re: EZ vinyl Extractor and JAWS 10

  • From: northstar1950@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:39:38 -0600

what you need to select is the line in to record from with total recorder. I use goldwave for this. I am asuming you have your turntable connected to your line-in port of your sound card. if there's three ports on your sound card (1/8 mini jacks) the one center is the speaker output and the one closest to the outside of the case is the mic port and the one furtherest in is the line-in port. once you have line-in selected in total recorder, the only sound recorded is what's coming in that port. your computer sounds and eloquence will not be recorded.

Legend has it that on Monday 1/19/2009 09:24 PM, Cindy Handel said:
I apologize to those of you who are on other lists I'm on and have heard
this question, before.  But, I haven't gotten answers, so thought I'd ask,
here.

I bought an Ion USB turntable for my husband for Christmas, so he can put
his vinyl on the computer and then on his Victor Stream to listen to.  We
can still return the turn table, until the end of this month.  So, I have to
figure out whether we will be able to use it or not, before then.

The information which came with the turntable says they've included Audacity
and EZ Vinyl Extractor, but other recording programs can be used.  I have
Total Recorder on this computer.  Before hooking the turntable up to this
computer, I switch JAWS to my Double Talk, since Eloquence doesn't work when
the turntable is connected.  We had a sighted friend here, tonight, and can
only get sound to come through the speakers when recording with EZ Vinyl
Extractor.  Nothing happens with either Total Recorder or Audacity.  I've
tried changing settings in Total Recorder, as well as selecting other input
and output settings in my Sounds and Audio Devices, but, still no sound.  EZ
Vinyl, however, is not accessible with JAWS.  So, I wanted to find out if
there might be JAWS scripts to allow this program to be used.  If not, could
a different brand of  USB turntable make a difference in the sound which
comes through the speakers with one of the other two programs?

Thanks for your assistance, or for direction to another list where the
questions might be more appropriate.

Cindy

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then...find the way."
Abraham Lincoln

Alternative archives located at: