Dear Everett, Chess Yes, Many JAWS compatible games!

  • From: "Alan Dicey" <adicey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 14:13:44 -0500

Dear Everett,
Yes, there are several, four (4) or even five (5) good ones that I know about and perhaps a couple more.

You see I am the President of the United States Braille Chess Association.
A group of about 65 Blind or Visually Impaired Chess enthusiast spread across the country. Braille is substituting for the word Blind, as when our group was founded back in the 1960's there was no email in which to send moves back and forth, in Correspondence games, or cheap telephone long distance to play live games. So then they sent their moves back and forth using Braille through the Post Office or what we call now "snail mail".
The group of Blind Chess enthusiasts in England was started in 1934.
There are so many nations in the world that has a Blind Chess Association!

I am right in the middle of the Miami Dolphin game, so this message might seem rude, but I will have to get back to you later.

I guess you understand, a play off game and such.

With Best Regards,
Alan Dicey
Miami, Florida

----- Original Message ----- From: "E.J. Zufelt" <everett@xxxxxxxxx>