Re: Dazy Reader.

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:08:55 -0600

Hi
A little clarification here.  You first have to download the daisy books
from the FS website or Copy and paste them into the proper directory from
the JAWS 6.0 CD.  The daisy reader *must* have books to read, otherwise
it's kind of not going to work very well.  When copying or unzipping the
daisy files, they also must be placed into the proper directory or they
will not be found easily by the FS Reader demo.

Make sure that all Daisy books pertaining to JAWS training go into
c:\program files\freedom scientific\jaws\6.0\training\enu
To open a book, fire up FS Reader demo, and then press control plus o to
open a book, this is a standard windows convention.  Press shift plus tab
and you'll find a list of all daisy books in there. find the one you want
and press enter.
That book will now be opened and the tree view shows you the different
sections of the book. you can then find a topic you're interested in, and
either listen to the audio associated with that particular topic, or read
the text in there.