Re: DLL relocation

  • From: "Richard Hutcheson" <Rhutche1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 20:43:43 -0400

George, this comes from a microsoft patch. A computer man just adjustted this problem for me. Evedently, MS has put out a message on it.

rhutche1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Richard Hutcheson
403 Savage Farm Drive
Ithaca, NY 14850

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Marshall" <geom4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "jaws Lite" <jawslite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "JawsUsers" <jaws-users-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "k1000" <k1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 9:53 AM
Subject: DLL relocation

Hi All:
For the last couple of days when I boot-up my computer I get the following error message:
RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL Relocation
The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run
properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for
Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new
DLL.
OK
I haven't updated or down loaded any applications except the latest JAWS 8 update and that was a few days before I noticed this occuring. Does anyone have any idea as to what this ".ocx" is for and what vendor should be contacted?
I am running XP Home.
Thanks,
George R. Marshall
geom4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx