RE: Converting tables in MS word

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:27:32 -0000

Janet,

The option to save a presentation as text is part of the Save As =
feature, which is on the File menu.=20

When the Save As dialog opens, Tab once to a Save As Type combo, and =
then DownArrow to Outline/RTF.  You can change the filename or location =
of the saved file within the same dialog in the usual way.=20

You will end up with a file that has the filetype rtf that can be opened =
into most word processors. I only have experience of Microsoft Word, =
which formats the title of each slide as Heading one style and bulleted =
lists as Heading two.

I would suggest the output needs to be checked very carefully against =
the original; I have had quite straightforward presentations that just =
seem to leave out everything except the title on one or two slides, =
while the rest goes through beautifully.

---
Steve Griffiths,
IT Trainer, Access Technology Support Unit
Royal National Institute of the Blind, 105 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NE
Tel: 020 7391 2232
Email: steve.griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx