Configuration, Dictionary, and Other files

  • From: "emarquette" <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 00:05:28 -0500

Liters:
I want to confirm this will work.
Our office uses MS Outlook XP for email, contact management, and
calendaring.  We also use a separate document management package (which
I will not try to explain here).
When sending an ordinary email message originating in Outlook, JFW works
fine.  If I launch Outlook from the document manager, though the editor
screen appears to be identical, I'm sure the Outlook-specific scripts
are not loading.  For example, control delete does not read properly.
The same is true of other functions.
My theory is this.
I should be able, when this special outlook-like screen appears,
identify the executable file running, and even save a configuration file
at that point.
Shouldn't I be able to copy all the Outlook script and other files,
saving them in the JAWS\ENU directory using the name of that executable
(before the period), the executable that loaded when Outlook (or the
phony outlook) was launched from the document manager?
Shouldn't I have all the  script functionality of JAWS with Outlook
available in this phony Outlook?
If someone has a better idea, I am open.

Ed Marquette
930 West 34th St.
Kansas City, MO 64111
(816) 561- 7111