re: Authorizing JAWS problem

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <donna56455@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 05:16:28 -0500

Donna,

You left out some important details which we need in order to help solve this problem:
1. What exactly did the error message say?
2. What version of JAWS? (This is a tricky question, because there are now different version numbers and also different methods of authorization, such as disk-based or ILM authorization)
3. What version of Windows is on this new computer? You need to use a version of JAWS that is compatible with that version of Windows, and certain versions of Windows (such as XP Pro) require a JFW Pro authorization.

If the version of JAWS you installed uses the ILM authorization method, you can't use the old diskette authorization method.

Alan

Donna wrote:
Hi,
I recently bought a new computer as the hard drive on my old one failed. I have installed my Jaws software on my new PC but get an error message when I
insert the authorization diskette.
Am I right in deducing that the authorization code is still on my old, dead hard drive?! If this is the case how do I get a code to authorize my jaws software
again? I can only run it as a demo version at the moment and don't wish to do this forever, or buy another Jaws disk!
Many thanks for your help

Donna Brookes