Re: Authorization on OQO 01 Ultra

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:47:28 -0500

I would guess that the first thing to do would be to speak directly to =
Freedom Scientific. There used to be a way to move authorization from a =
floppy on another computer so long as the Jaws computer has access =
rights to that computer. Apparently it is no different than sharing =
other networked peripheral devices like CD-ROM drives or printers. So, =
another computer on the network with a floppy drive can be used to =
authorize a networked computer without a floppy drive. This may no =
longer be true but certainly it once was. The computer you are connected =
to should be able to provide you with the floppy for authorization as =
well as a CD for software installation.

Check with Freedom Scientific, surely they will know for sure.

----- Original Message -----=20