Re: Any one having problems with JAWS 7 & Macromedia download screens?

  • From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 06:06:22 +0530

Hi,

I have had similar experiences with other pop-up type screens. I am in contact with Freedom scientific support about this problem.

Prranav
on Tuesday 12/6/2005 02:14 AM, ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
Hi,
Although this did not happen before using JAWS 7,
I find that when I launch Internet Explorer and am on my homepage which
wants me to download
Flash to see the special ad of the day that I encounter problems in

certain circumstances.

If the macromedia  download request occurs immediately, I am fine.

But if the SBC page asks me to install flash for their special ad for the
day when I am multi tasking elsewhere,
the download screen if not clicked real darn fast will
1 shut off JAWS
2. take forever to let JAWS speak again like 7 minutes
or
3. make it almost impossible to alt tab or minimize aps.

I have called SBC and wonder if others have this happen with JAWS 7.

Many thanks; this did not happen with JAWS 6x, X P Home andl ots of ram or
elsewhere on the Net.