Annoying Forms Mode Glitch With Firefox

  • From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 07:33:32 -0500

Hi list.  Since Firefox version 3.5 (I'm currently running version 3.6), I have
encountered an annoying glitch when trying to type in a serch term into the
search edit field of my Google home page  using JAWS 9.  When I hit Enter on
the search edit field, JAWS announces "forms mode on", and I can type in my
search phrase.  But when I hit Enter again to initiate the search, nothing
happens unless I also press the numpad minus key, which actually turns off
forms mode and initiates the search.  How can I fix this problem so that
pressing Enter after typing my search phrase into the edit field turns off
forms mode and initiates the search without also having to hit the numpad minus
key?  Thanks.

Gerald