Adobe Accessibility Wizard& JFW 6.0

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 17:19:33 -0400

Hi All,

    A version of Adobe Reader 7.0 was on my XP Home machine when it
was delivered, but I'm not sure it is the full version that I
understand has all the accessibility things.  The version on the
machine is 7.0.1.

    I've gotten error messages when I've tried to download .pdf files
to the effect that my version is incompatible with screen readers.

    Also, I'm not finding the Accessibility Wizard mentioned on the
Adobe Access site at

http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/accessibility/reader/sec3_a.html#accesssetupassist

which says that you can launch it by pressing alt-h, then t.  Windows
bongs at me when I try it with the Reader loaded.  The site also says
that the Wizard automatically comes up the first time the Reader is
run with a screen reader which didn't happen here and is another
reason why I don't think the version that came on the machine is the
full one.

    Am I missing something here or should I uninstall this version and
install the full version on the JFWlite page?

    Thank you,
Margaret
iluvtoread@xxxxxxx