Admin: A Little More about How I Will Run the List

  • From: Bruce Toews <coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:48:31 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

This is still a little bit of a learning curve for me, so an incident that
happened yesterday made me realize that I need to clarify a few things.

First, while I plan to enforce the rules quite stringently, it is not my
desire to embarrass anyone. Therefore, I will try to resolve any rule
violations in private e-mail wherever possible. So if you get an e-mail
from me advising you that something you have done violates the rules,
please do not think I am singling you out, or that I am trying to
embarrass you publicly. The exception to the private-handling-of-issues
policy is subject lines, because people reply to these and a thread with a
bad subject line is hard to stop except on the list itself.

So if you see a message that you feel violates the rules, please do one of
two things: Either ignore it, as I will probably be dealing with the
violater privately, or if you feel strongly about it, please advise me at
jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Remember that policing the list is itself a
violationof the rules, so leave that to me.

Bruce