AVG Anti virus

  • From: "John Ramsey" <stephnjohnny211@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:59:27 -0400

Hello,

I have noticed that many of you are using this AVG and was wondering if it
is a good program or if you all use it because it is free. I use Norton
Internet Security 2006 and it has some quirks that I am not fond of.
However, it does alert me when something is trying to get access to my PC
and I like that. Does AVG have some sort of protective means or does it wait
to try to cure the virus once it allows it to get onto the PC?

Finally, do you have to use Windows firewall or does AVG have one of its
own?

Take care,

John